Monday, June 2, 2008

Things I miss from home

Things I miss from home

  • Family
  • Friends
  • Gossip
And that is about it...

Things I don’t miss from home

  • The tyranny of going to work every day
  • Opening bank and credit card statements
  • Deciding what to have for dinner
  • Wasting the weekend doing domestic chores
  • The rain
  • Grey skies
  • The rain
  • Supermarket shopping
  • Sleepless nights
  • Watching, wistfully, endless repeats of A Place in the Sun 
  • The number 27 bus full of schoolchildren
  • Small minds 
  • Monstrous egos
  • The rain
There are more, many more, but I can’t bear to list them…

1 comment:

Jacq Kelly said...

I lived away from home once and I can honestly dsy I missed nothing from home. If I had to leave Edinburgh now it would break my heart though - am way too content here at the minute, but I totally get your points about the things you don't miss.