Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blogging: a sad ego trip or the future of journalism?

I don’t know the answer to the question I have just posed. 
As a new blogger I often feel that my online writing is nothing more than self indulgence run amok; at other times I truly believe it is the future, not just of journalism, but of human engagement, from the personal to the political.
Barack Obama’s online campaign, with its social networks and personal blogs, shows just how powerful a tool blogging can be.
But I am sitting in the French sunshine, waiting for my fish stew to cook, and don’t have the energy to argue the case, for or against. Roy Greenslade however has put together a good piece on, where else but his Guardian blog. Worth a read.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/greenslade/2008/06/why_journalists_must_learn_the.html

No comments: